COVID-19 Screening Form - Click here to download and print this form. Please have this filled out prior to your appointment.
June 3, 2020
Dear Patient Family,
We hope this message finds you and your family in good health. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. We have been at the office getting ready for all of you! Our official first day back will be Monday, June 8. We have received so much support and cooperation from all of you, and for that we are so thankful. We UNDENIABLY have the BEST patients. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable.
Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued.
You may see some changes when it is time for your next appointment. We made these changes to help protect our patients and staff. For example:
• We ask that you please remain in your car until it’s time for your apt. Call us when you arrive and we will let you know if we are ready for you.
• Please come to your appointment by yourself. We know this can be very difficult for some of you. If that’s the case, please call us and we will do our very best to accommodate while still following safety precautions/social distancing guidelines. If the appointment is for a child, one guardian is allowed.
• Rigorous and diligent COVID-19 screening measures: We are taking your temperature upon arrival. We have also developed a comprehensive COVID-19 screening questionnaire that we are reviewing with you prior to, and upon your arrival at our office.
• We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
• You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
• We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
• Personal protective equipment (PPE): Masks are required inside our building for both patients and our team. We are wearing the full gamut of PPE during your appointment. This includes gowns, face shields, masks, eye protection, surgical caps, and gloves.
• Droplet barriers at the front desk: We added an extra layer of protection between patients and employees at our front desk with glass barriers.
• Oral rinse: To disinfect the oral cavity before we initiate treatment, we are having patients rinse their mouth with a minty-tasting 1.5% hydrogen peroxide solution
• High volume evacuation (HVE) system: We upgraded our HVE system to ensure our assistants are capturing and removing as much dental aerosol from the treatment site as possible. We will be using a system called “Dry Shield”.
• Air purification systems: We are using high quality/medical grade air purification systems using H13 HEPA filters.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, your family, and ourselves, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at (734) 718-0139.
Thank you for your continued trust, loyalty, and patience. We look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends!
Dr. Susan Thomas DDS & Team